The Board of Directors consists of the directors of the National Agricultural Research Institutes in the 11 member countries together with representatives from faculties of Agricultural Sciences, extension, CGIAR, private sector in the region. The Board is responsible for providing the policy oversight for the organization.
Composition of the Board of Directors
- The Board has the following members:
- Eleven Director Generals of the National Agricultural Research Institutions of the 11 ASARECA member countries
- One representative of the farmers’ organization or associations in the sub-region
- One representative of the development partners One representative of the universities in the sub region
- One representative of the private sector firms and businesses in the sub-region One representative of the nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) in the sub-region
- One representative of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
- One representative of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), a scientific partner in the sub-region
- One representative of the extension and advisory services organizations in the sub-region The Executive Director of the Secretariat as secretary and an ex-officio member
- Such other persons as the Board of Directors may from time to time recommend.